Cotton Snow Flake
You can't bring a snowflake inside, but you can easily make some to hang on your Christmas tree, or in a window.
You will need:
- cotton twine, or heavy crochet cotton
- white glue
- a small bowl
- waxed paper
- two pieces of tape
- a damp cloth.
- silver or white glitter.
Use the pattern above or design your own.
- Tape a piece of waxed paper over the pattern.
- Pour enough glue into bowl to cover the bottom 1/4" deep.
- Cut a piece of twine the length of pattern A.
- Hold twine with tweezers and dip it in the glue. Completely coat it, then squeeze off the excess glue with your fingers. (Wipe your fingers on damp cloth after touching the glue.)
- Lay the glued twine on the waxed paper across pattern A. line. You may need to use a toothpick to form the loop.
- Repeat this procedure for each line in order B, C, D, E.
- Cut six short pieces the length of line F.
- If you wish, lightly dust your snowflake with glitter while glue is still damp.
- Leave snowflake on waxed paper until it is completely dry (overnight) Peel the waxed paper off very gently.
- Attach an ornament hanger through the loop.