- 36 puzzle pieces from a used jigsaw puzzle
- green high gloss acrylic or lacquer spray paint
- small jar of high gloss red acrylic paint
- small round paint brush
- red ribbon
- gold braid string
- Lay out the puzzle pieces on newspaper.
- Spray paint the pieces with the green paint - apply 3 coats allowing each coat to dry the prescribed time listed on the can.
- next lay out a ring of 9 pieces (painted side up) making sure that each piece is touching the other vthen make another layer gluing 9 pieces on top of the first nine staggering them so that each top piece is over lapping two of the bottom pieces. (see illustration)
- Continue the process until there are 4 layers of 9 pieces. Allow the construction to dry overnight (if you are using a glue gun you can continue with next step after the glue has cooled)
- With your red paint, dab three little dots of color in bunches around the wreath to make it appear that the wreath has berries. (see illustration)
- Attach red ribbon with glue
- tie gold string to top of ornament and hang